There’s something magical about watching a young child discover dance. The shrieks of excitement as they experience the pure joy of moving to music. The spark of confidence that begins to shine in their eyes. The bounty of creativity and imagination that each child comes pre-wired with. It’s an incredibly rewarding experience for a child to begin to feel mastery over their bodies and minds. And it’s an exciting journey we make as parents watching our child grow into a thing of beauty, athleticism, and grace. We applaud their accomplishments along the way and hold our breath for every missed step. And our children dazzle us in the end as they dance into independence.
If you are just beginning your journey into the world of dance and music, know that it is a precious gift you are giving your child. The list of physical and cognitive benefits is vast and well documented. But the psychological benefit of possessing a great skill as an adolescent is priceless. It is an anchor that lasts through high school and beyond, long past the days spent in the dance studio. It carries over into adulthood as confidence, the ability to speak in public, and feeling comfortable in your own skin.
What makes Sugar Land Dance Center different?
- Child Development Done Right: Dance and music are incredible tools for developing children, but if the class isn’t enjoyable, they will never reap the benefits. The SLDC curriculum has been designed to introduce material at physiological and mentally-appropriate ages with a fun and engaging method.
- Our Class Sizes: The size of classes are limited so each student can get plenty of individual help and attention from the experts.
- Our Organization: You will always know what is happening at the studio. We give parents recital, holiday, and other important dates far in advance. We know you have plenty of other things going on in your life and don’t have time for surprises.
- Immediate Customer Assistance: The studio is staffed during all regular class times so you can get immediate assistance. Dedicated desk staff is available to assist you Monday-Thursday from 3:00 to 9:00PM, on Fridays from 3:00 to 7:00PM, and on Saturdays from 9:00AM to 2:00PM.
- Every Day is a Viewing Day: Watch your child dance every class and see their progress. Unlike other schools, our windows are always open.
- Age-Appropriate Dance Costumes and Music: The costumes for performances are great for all shapes and sizes and we use music without explicit lyrics to keep dance fun and positive. You shouldn’t have to worry about your child growing up too quickly.
- Hassle-Free Recitals: Parents get to enjoy a short (30 or 60 minute show depending on age), enjoyable show. No backstage volunteering, no costume alterations, no extra work…we do it all for you so you can relax and enjoy the performance.
Serving the families of Fort Bend County
for 30 years
In person: 9920 Highway 90, B-270, Sugar Land, TX 77478
At the intersection of Hwy. 90 and Dairy Ashford.(near Houston Swim Club )